After completing this tutorial, you’ll be able to:
- Create new versions of Youreka Templates
Prerequisites: Build Your First Form Template
There are instances when an administrator wishes to make slight alterations to a form template but does not want to delete that template’s associated forms which would delete valuable data. Youreka makes it easy to copy a template which creates a new version of the template with all the same Questions, Sections and Discovery Logic.
This is helpful for making minor updates to templates or in scenarios when an organization uses a slightly different version of a template for different purposes. For example, if Arabica Coffee Co. had a slightly different template used by their field reps for east coast accounts versus west coast accounts, the administrator wouldn’t need to create an entirely new version of this template from scratch. They could simply copy for a new version, make edits to the template, and deploy to their users on the other coast.
- Log in to your Salesforce and navigate to your Arabica Coffee Store Visit Form Template. Click the Gear icon in the top right-hand corner of Form Template Detail page. From the list of options, select Copy for a New Version.
- This will launch your new version of the form template in the Form Template Builder.
- By default, your template will be named the same as your original template with (Copy) appended to the name. Your first recommendation is to change this name by selecting the grey crayon edit icon next to the Form Template name.
- You can now begin to make edits as you would on any other template and your new version will exist as an independent template separate from the original.
You have now successfully created a new version of your form template!
Learn about other great features to help make the most of Youreka forms by returning to the Youreka Academy.