After completing this tutorial, you’ll be able to:
- Mass-create forms for a Template.
Prerequisites: Build Your First Form Template
Creating Forms in Bulk
There are times when you may need to create lots of forms at one time, or at some point in the future. Youreka’s Form Generator feature will allow you to do this with ease.
- Log in to your Salesforce instance and navigate to your published Arabica Coffee Store Visit Form Template. Select Generate Forms from the action menu on the upper-right corner of the Form Template Detail page.
- Select Create New Job.
- Give the job a name and select Next.
- Choose the Primary Object to which the forms will be related. For the Arabica Coffee Store Visit Form Template, choose disco__Form_Contact__c and select Next. NOTE: This object should contain lookups to any other field-linked objects in the Form Template.
- Map any additional Field Link Fields on the Form Template to lookup fields from the Primary object selected in step 4. for the Arabica Coffee Store Visit we still need to designate the Account for the forms. Choose to set the disco__Form_Account__c to the AccountID on the Contact (Primary Object). and then select Next.
- Complete the query to select which contacts to create forms for. In this case, we want to create a form for every contact Salesforce. We can do this by choosing all Contacts where the Last Name is not equal to null. After setting these values, Validate what you’ve entered.
- If the query is valid, Youreka will tell you how many records match your criteria, and provide you a sample of some of those records. If everything looks correct, select Next.
- Choose who the owner of the newly-generated forms should be. For the Arabica Coffee Store Visit, we will assign the new forms to the owner of the contact that the form is related to. This is the Form Generator’s default behavior, so we will just select Next.
- Choose when the form Generator should create the new forms. We want to create them now, we will leave all the default options and select Save & Activate.
- You will receive an email when your forms are generated
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created your first batch of forms!
Head on back to our Academy to see what other things you can do!