After completing this tutorial, you’ll be able to:
- Clone Youreka Forms
Prerequisites: Build Your First Form Template
There are cases when a user wishes to create a copy of a form and then edit that copy so that the original form’s answers are preserved and the user can simply update the form with new inputs.
An example would be an Arabica Coffee field sales rep conducting a follow-up store visit. A form would have been created during the initial visit, and rather than altering this form or starting from scratch with a new form, the rep can clone the initial form to create a new copy with the same answers. They can then make updates to the cloned form as they conduct their follow-up visit. The rep will be able to see and track what has changed in the follow-up visit and for the answers that remain the same, they do not need to spend time re-keying that data again. This tutorial will take you through the steps of cloning an existing Arabica Coffee Store Visit form.
- Log in to your Salesforce instance and navigate to your Arabica Coffee Store Visit Form Template. You must have already created at least one form from this template, like the one created in the First Form Tutorial. If you don’t have any forms available, create a new form for the purpose of this tutorial.
- From the Form Template Detail Page, select a form from your list of forms by clicking either View or the name of the form.
- On the Form Detail Page, select the settings button on the top right-hand side of the page. From the dropdown menu, select Clone.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to clone the form along with some notes about what will occur with your initial form data once you clone.
- This will launch a new Form Detail Page which has the same data but is now unlocked and ready for edits. Simply click the blue Edit button to begin entering new data.
- If you don’t wish to make edits to the form, navigate back to the Form Template Detail page and you’ll notice that your new form exists in your form list. It will be unlocked by default.
You have now successfully Cloned a form!
Learn about other great features to help make the most of Youreka forms by returning to the Youreka Academy.