Create and Edit Forms Offline
Youreka works offline so that users can edit forms and collect data without worrying about device connectivity. This tutorial will outline some of Youreka’s functionality while working in offline mode.
- Before going offline, be sure to navigate to the Data Management screen from the hamburger menu and Prep for Offline to download any Salesforce data that your admin has made available via the Mobile Admin tab in Salesforce.
- If your device has no data connection, Youreka will continue to work offline without manually switching it to offline mode. If your device has an unreliable data connection, you can force Youreka to offline mode to work a bit faster and sync when you have a more reliable signal. You can manually enable offline mode by clicking the slider in the upper-right corner of the app. Orange indicates offline mode is enabled.
- In Offline Mode, click the + New Form icon in the bottom right corner of the app. Launch a new form from one of the Mobile Enabled Templates in this list.
- Continue as you would if you were online. Choose any related records for the new form and then click Create Form to launch the form.
- You can complete your form as you would online, filling in fields as you go.
- Submit as you normally would, by clicking the hamburger icon in the top left-hand corner of your device and selecting Submit from the list.
- Youreka will automatically send you to the Forms screen where your new form will display. The Orange border around a form indicates it has local edits that have not synced to Salesforce yet.
- When you regain connectivity or when you exit offline mode, a popup will appear prompting you to either Sync. After syncing, your data will be synced back to Salesforce! Any newly created records will appear inside of Salesforce along with your new form.